- All applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a local university or overseas college/university recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- A written examination: a summary and critique of a given article 40%
- Application documents: 30%
- Interview: 30%
- Official transcripts from a college/university in English or Chinese.
- A resume’ or written materials demonstrating applicant's educational background and professional work experience.
- Photocopies of English proficiency test scores.
Those who enroll in the program after the year of 2008 will need to pass one of the following language tests to prove their English proficiency before graduation：
- No dictionaries are allowed during the written examination or interview.
- Candidates should respond in English during the written examination and the interview.
- Full-time students will not hold full-time jobs.
- A written examination and Interview: One full day
- Interview location: The College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- GEPT: high-intermediate level
- TOEIC: 785
- TOEFL iBT: 197
- IELTS: 5.5
- Cambridge Main Suite: First Certificate in English
- FLPT: 240 / S-2+
- BULATS: ALTE level 3
- CSEPT: level 2 330
- CEF: B2 Vantage